NALC are holding three one day conferences this year, aimed at highlighting the important contribution of local councils to their communities. The plenary and workshop programme will be repeated in three locations, to allow delegates from around the country to benefit from this exciting event. The events will be held on 15 June in Bristol, 19 July in Sheffield and finish up on 22 September in London.
Programme highlights include
An overview of the new opportunities for councils in the localism bill from
The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP – Minister of State at Communities and Local Government (TBC)
An update from the National Association’s Chief Executive, John Findlay OBE
Eight Interactive Workshops: -
- Neighbourhood Planning –Learn how to use new statutory powers coming to local (parish and town) councils
- Affordable Housing and the new community right to build
- Participatory budgeting and the involvement of local people in spending decisions
- Continuing effective engagement and working with principal authorities
- Asset transfer and saving local facilities
- Good Employment Practice – Equality Act 2010
- Power of well being and the new general power of competence
- Working with civil society organisations
Places at these events a strictly limited; book now to avoid disappointment.