Relaunched to co-incide with the elections is Modern Councillor – the online learning and support destination for councillors, people considering standing for election, or indeed anyone with a passion for local democracy.
The service has been designed with both new and more experienced elected members in mind. A subscription to Modern Councillor provides elected members with full access to a growing course catalogue for a fraction of the cost of classroom based training.
So what’s new and improved with Modern Councillor?
- Brand new e-learning modules
- A unique online community where councillors can connect, share and learn
- Guides and resources on local democracy
- Blogs and stories sections keeping you informed of the latest democracy developments
What modules are included?
We’ve created Modern Councillor with help from experts in local government. This means all 14 of our e-learning modules, from Introduction to Local Government to Gettin Started with Social Media, reflect the latest challenges and transformations facing councillors today.
Who does the community involve?
Alongside a suite of e-learning modules, Modern Councillor will now include an online community bringing together councillors, prospective councillors, co-opted members, local government officers, activists, and residents so that they can connect, share and learn together.
How can Member Development Officers benefit?
- Cost efficiencies, even for small councils
- Increased access to ‘hard to reach’ councillors or co-opted members
- Ability to provide blended learning programmes
- Tracked and evidenced learning
- Reduced classroom time
How Much Does It Cost?
The Modern Councillor annual subscription allows you to train up to 100 elected members for £1,000 (exc VAT) per council.If your training needs are for more than 100 elected members please contact us for a quote.